Friday, July 25, 2008

Comfortable Socks

Last night I am sitting on the couch in my comfortable socks watching the tely ,America's best dance crew. [that show rocks!] My wife calls me into the bedroom and says hurry. I run in there and she tells me that she just got a call and a friend of her family (friend of mine also) who is a missionary was in the Conga and his plane along with all traveling with him were captured and they were being held for a ransom. As of late last night the ransom was paid, but we are still waiting word on their release. Please pray for Mark and his family!
This got me to thinking. What am I willing to sacrafice for the call? You know the one that says "Go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel" This man is willing to sacrafice his freedom, and maybe life, to reach people in the Conga. Here I am sitting in my comfortable socks watching T.V. Am I even willing to sacrafice my free time? As a society (I am definatly included in this) we think we have to work more to pay of the debt we have accured buying things to make us comfortable. So here is my prayer.

Lord make me uncomfortable! Take away the things, and even the desire for things, that make me comfortable so that I can be poised to move at any moment. Help me to shed these comfortable socks and put my self in uncomfortable situations where I am relying on you and sharing about you at the same time.
Amen.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

what's our next topic?